As part of creating a new job, you can make a checklist of work requirements for completion. This is a great tool to clearly communicate the scope and requirements of a job to field staff, improving quality and consistency, and ensuring each job is done right the first time.
How to create a checklist
You can create a checklist in a jobs Description, in the app or online.
To create a checklist, when entering the job's Description in the job card, start each job requirement on a new line with a dash symbol ( - ):
Each job requirement will be presented as a separate checklist item in the app. Staff simply tap a checklist item to mark it as completed:
How to create multiple checklists on a job
If you want to divide a jobs requirements by category, such as by room, stage or staff member, you can create multiple checklists per job card. Simply add a title (followed by a colon) at the top of each separate checklist:
Each titled list will then present as a separate checklist in the app:
- When you tap a checklist item with the word "photo" in it (e.g."- take before photo") the app will automatically open the camera.
- Completed checklist requirements are automatically added to the jobs description of Work Completed to assist with invoicing
- The time and staff member who completed the checklist item will be recorded in the jobs Diary for future reference.
- If you use the Forms Add-on to complete various reports, inspections and/or certificates digitally on site, you can set the completion of a specific Form as a checklist requirement by activating the Forms Badge on the job card:
- Keep in mind you can preset checklists in the job Descriptions of your Job Templates, to systemise use of checklists for your most popular jobs & services: