- Invoices are sent to Xero when approved on the invoicing page.
- Once sent to Xero, any changes to the invoice in ServiceM8 will not be synced.
- Invoices created in Xero are not sent to ServiceM8.
Note: Invoices with a value of zero will not be sent to Xero when approved.
Payments received against an invoice in ServiceM8 will be applied to the account of your choice in Xero. You can change this account in Settings > Preferences > Invoicing.
Payments will have the reference set based on payment type, e.g. VISA, EFTPOS, PayPal, etc.
- Payments received against an invoice in ServiceM8 before approval will be sent to Xero when the invoice is exported
- Payments received against an invoice in ServiceM8 after approval will be sent to Xero immediately
- Payments received in Xero against an invoice which was exported from ServiceM8 will be synced to ServiceM8 within 30 minutes
- Once full payment has been received in Xero, the invoice will be marked as paid in ServiceM8
Contacts and Items
Contacts and items entered into Xero: Contacts and items entered or imported into Xero will be synced to ServiceM8 within 30 minutes. Items in Xero will be imported into ServiceM8 as Materials. Changes made to Clients and Items in either program will update the other.
Clients and materials entered into ServiceM8: Clients and materials entered or imported into ServiceM8 will only be sent to Xero with an invoice. Once the client and/or material is sent to Xero with an invoice they it remain synced, with changes made in either program updating the other.
Contacts deleted or archived in Xero will be removed from ServiceM8 within 30 minutes.
Contacts are archived in Xero when deleted from ServiceM8 while Items are deleted when removed from ServiceM8.
Note: A client in ServiceM8 not yet synced with Xero will be overwritten if the same client is entered manually into Xero.
Are all contacts in Xero imported? No, suppliers will not be imported. A supplier in Xero is a contact that has had a bill applied to them. If a contact is both a customer and a supplier, it will be imported.
On integration, all taxes in Xero will be imported into ServiceM8. All changes made to tax settings in Xero will sync to ServiceM8, any changes to taxes made in ServiceM8 will not sync back to Xero.