Document Scanner is a job action in the ServiceM8 App that you can use to scan paper documents with your iPhone or iPad's camera. ServiceM8 will auto-detect and scan the document, and once saved, attach it as a .pdf file in the Job Diary as a Document.
Note: This feature requires iOS 11 or later.
To scan a document from the ServiceM8 app:
- Tap Jobs.
- Find and tap the job card related to the document(s) to be scanned.
- From the Job Actions bar, depending on how you have ordered your favourite job actions, tap Document Scanner or More (...) > Document Scanner. (If you do not have Document Scanner set up as a favourite job action, see this article.)
- Hover your camera over the document until it turns green, indicating the area to be scanned. Tap the green button.
TIP: A document scans easily if it stands out from its environment. Try placing the page on a bare surface (such as a floor or a clear counter), then scan.
- If needed, adjust the corners by dragging the handles until the entire document is captured. When you are satisfied, tap Keep Scan. (To scan again, tap Retake.)
- You will see the scan preview in the bottom left. Either scan another page in the document, or click Save to finish scanning.
TIP: More than one document can be scanned at once. Progressively capture numerous documents, then tap the preview window in the bottom-left of the screen to review or delete documents.
When you return to the job card, you will see a notification under Diary indicating a new job action has been completed. Upon opening the Job Diary, you will see your scanned document saved as a PDF attachment.
TIP: To learn how to delete the document from the job diary, read this article.