Automatic client communications and tasks in ServiceM8, known as automations, cancel themselves if they are no longer relevant. For example, an automated quote follow-up will not send if a client accepts a quote, and an automated request for customer feedback will not send if the client has already submitted feedback.
However, if you want to cancel a scheduled automation for other reasons, or even delete an automation altogether, you can do so easily from the Online Dashboard.
There are three ways to cancel automations:
- You can cancel an automation directly from a client's job card.
- You can cancel automations from Settings > Automation, which may be useful if you want to cancel multiple instances of the same automation.
- You can remove an automation entirely from ServiceM8.
To cancel an automation from the job card:
- Find the job and double-click to open the job card.
- In the job diary, hover your mouse over the automation so the down arrow appears, then click it.
- Click Remove.
- Click Yes to confirm you want to remove the scheduled activity.
To cancel an automation from Settings > Automation:
- Go to Settings > Automation.
- Find the automation you want to cancel in the list and click # scheduled. (In the example below, there are 3 scheduled Quote Follow Up automations.)
- Click Cancel next to any automations you don't want to send. (Click the job number to open the job card if needed.)
- Click OK to confirm you want to cancel the scheduled activity.