When preparing to go live with ServiceM8 Phone, it's important to verify your account settings and check that all devices are set up correctly to make and receive calls.
Verify your Settings
- Phone number: ring your ServiceM8 Phone number (as shown online in Settings > ServiceM8 Phone).
- Welcome Message (optional): if you've set a Welcome Message, ring your ServiceM8 Phone number and confirm you're happy with your Welcome Message.
- Business Hours Call Group: review which staff are in the Business Hours Call Group, and confirm that the phone rings at the same time for all staff in the call group during business hours.
- Voicemail — Business Hours: ring through to voicemail during business hours and confirm you're happy with your voicemail message.
- Voicemail — After Hours: ring through to voicemail outside of business hours (as set in Preferences) and confirm you're happy with your 'after hours' voicemail message.
- Staff On Call (optional): if you have set calls after hours to divert to the staff member On Call, ring your number after hours and confirm that the phone of the staff member On Call rings.
Field Staff & iOS Device Setup
- ServiceM8 Phone app installed: confirm all staff who use ServiceM8 with an iOS device (iPhone/iPad) have downloaded the 'ServiceM8 Phone' app from the App Store, and are logged in.
- ServiceM8 app updated: confirm all field staff have updated to the latest version of the ServiceM8 app available on the App Store.
- Ringer volume: confirm all field staff have reviewed their device's ringer volume (Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringer & Alerts).
- Making & receiving calls: confirm all field staff can make and receive calls through ServiceM8 Phone on their iOS devices (see How to use ServiceM8 Phone).
Office Staff & Computer Setup
- Google Chrome installed: confirm all staff who use the ServiceM8 online dashboard with a desktop Mac or PC, and make/take business calls, have installed Google Chrome (download here).
- ServiceM8 Phone Chrome Extension installed: confirm all staff have installed the ServiceM8 Phone Google Chrome Extension to enable calls through the online dashboard (download here).
- Chrome Extension pinned to toolbar: confirm all staff have pinned the Chrome Extension to their browser's toolbar (see How to set up ServiceM8 Phone).
- Audio/headsets configured: confirm all staff have configured and tested their audio & microphone with ServiceM8 Phone (see How to set up ServiceM8 Phone).
- Computer speakers configured: for staff who will be using a headset on computers with built-in or external speakers, confirm that the ServiceM8 Phone rings through the speakers (not through the headset). If the phone is ringing through the headset, the built-in/external speakers need to be set as the computer's default speakers.
- Making & receiving calls: confirm all staff can make and receive calls through ServiceM8 Phone via the online dashboard (see How to use ServiceM8 Phone).