If you have Self-Serve Online Booking pages set up through the Services add-on, it's possible to paste a tracking code from your Facebook and/or Google Analytics account into ServiceM8 to track visits and conversions of your Online Booking Pages from sources associated with your tracking code (e.g. coming from your webpage or advertising).
You can track visits to your Online Booking Pages coming from sources linked to a:
- Facebook Pixel ID; and/or
- Google Analytics Tracking ID.
If a potential customer arrives to your Online Booking Page from one of these sources, ServiceM8 will track the following events around how your customers interact with your page, which will be reflected in the reporting sections of your Facebook or Google accounts:
- When a Service is Viewed = when a customer visited the first page of your online booking page, but did not proceed.
- When a Service's Checkout Page is Viewed = when a customer made it to the Checkout page, but did not proceed.
- When a Service's Checkout Process is Completed (Pricing Shown) = when a customer completed the checkout process for a service where pricing was shown.
- When a Service's Checkout Process is Completed (No Pricing) = when a customer completed the checkout process for a service where pricing was not shown e.g. for services where an enquiry is submitted or on-site quote is booked.
To add Google or Facebook tracking ID's to track sources of visits to your Online Booking Pages, go to Settings > Self Serve Online Booking, paste the Pixel or Tracking ID into the relevant field at the bottom of the page, and click Save.
Note that only the tracking ID is required. You don't need to paste in large snippets of HTML code.