The ServiceM8 app supports taking credit card payments directly into your bank account via Stripe. With the integration of ServiceM8 and Stripe, you can accept card payments online or in the field.
Stripe is a credit card processing system that lets you receive payments from your customers without having to set up a Merchant account with your bank. ServiceM8 has integrated with Stripe so you can receive payments for your ServiceM8 jobs in two ways:
- With the ServiceM8 mobile app
- Online, by sending an invoice via email or SMS to your clients
The Stripe payment process is simple:
- Payment. You accept payment from the client, either through the app or online.
- Processing. Stripe holds the payment for 2 - 4 business days, depending on your country.
- Transfer. Stripe transfers the payment directly to your nominated bank account, minus the transaction fees.
Using the ServiceM8 app, you can receive a payment while still on the job site:
- To enter the customer's payment information into the ServiceM8 app, see How to take payment with Stripe on the app.
- To have the customer pay using their own mobile device, see How to accept mobile payments in person using Scan & Pay.
- To accept contactless payments with Tap to Pay on iPhone — from physical debit and credit cards, to Apple Pay and other digital wallets — no extra terminals or hardware needed! Available in Australia & USA. See Tap to Pay on iPhone.
Once your ServiceM8 account is integrated with Stripe, you can e-mail or SMS your customers a link to your invoice. This link will let them view and pay the invoice online using Stripe. Where Stripe is activated in an account, all online invoices will present the option to 'Pay Now' by card (via Stripe).
For more information, please refer to this article.
To learn more about Stripe fees & payout timeframes, refer to this article.