Invoices templates in Xero typically have an Invoice Number field and a Reference field. The information synced to the Reference field will depend on how you have set your Xero invoice number preferences within ServiceM8.
- If your invoice number in Xero is the ServiceM8 Job Number, then the Reference field will contain the ServiceM8 PO Number.
- If your invoice number in Xero is issued by Xero, then the Reference field will contain the ServiceM8 Job Number.
To change your Xero invoice number preferences:
Note: This is only applicable to users who have integrated their Xero accounting software with ServiceM8.
- From your ServiceM8 Online Dashboard, click Settings.
- Click Preferences.
- From the Preferences menu, click Invoicing.
- Scroll down to Xero and select your preferred option in the Xero invoice number field.
- At the bottom right, click Save.