The client area has been updated to appear and function more like the job card. This makes changing multiple clients much faster, as you no longer have to wait for the page to load after each change. It also has the following benefits:
- It is possible to have multiple client cards open at once
- Client badges can now be activated online (instead of just on the app)
- It is possible to have more than two contacts on a client. (note: The dispatch board doesn't support more than two contacts yet, the team are still working on this.)
The client area new look
1. Customer - This field is used to to search for existing clients and as the company title field.
2. ABN Number - This field stores ABN number information.
3. BPAY Customer Ref. - This field stores BPAY Customer Reference number information.
4. Address - This is where you put your customers address, ServiceM8 will attempt to auto correct this field.
5. Fax Number - This field stores fax number information.
6. Contacts - This is where you fill in one or more clients contact details and set its role.
Primary contact is the contact that will be set to the job contact when you create a job for this client. You set the primary contact by right clicking the contact in the list. The billing contact is compulsary and will be used on a new job whether it is primary or not.
It is possible to set the primary contact as the billing contact. This means when a new job is created both the job and billing contact will be set as the billing contact. Handy if you only have one contact for a client.
You can now set badges for a client online. When a badge is activated for a client it will automatically be activated for all jobs created for this client. Excellent for 'VIP', 'Bad Payer' or form badges that the client requires.