This lesson explains how information syncs between ServiceM8 and the MYOB Essentials.
- Invoices are sent to MYOB Essentials when approved on the invoicing page.
- Invoices created in MYOB Essentials are not sent to ServiceM8.
Note: Invoices with a value of zero will not be sent to MYOB Essentials when approved.
- Payments received against an invoice in ServiceM8 will be sent to MYOB Essentials providing the payment was received prior to approving the invoice.
- Payments received against an invoice in ServiceM8 after being approved will not be sent to MYOB Essentials.
- Once full payment has been received in MYOB Essentials the invoice will be marked as paid in ServiceM8.
- Partial payments made in MYOB Essentials will not be synced to ServiceM8.
Clients and Materials
Clients and materials entered into MYOB Essentials:
Clients and materials entered or imported into MYOB Essentials will be synced to ServiceM8 immediately, with changes made in either program updating the other.
Clients and materials entered into ServiceM8:
Clients and materials entered or imported into ServiceM8 will only be sent to MYOB Essentials with an invoice. Once the client and/or material is sent to MYOB Essentials with an invoice they will remain synced, with changes made in either program updating the other.
Clients and materials marked as inactive in MYOB Essentials will be removed from ServiceM8.
Clients and materials removed from ServiceM8 that have been synced with MYOB Essentials will be marked as inactive in MYOB Essentials.
Note: A client in ServiceM8 not yet synced with MYOB Essentials will be overwritten if the same client is entered manually into MYOB Essentials.
Are all customers in MYOB Essentials imported?
No, suppliers and inactive customers will not be imported.
ServiceM8 does not sync staff from MYOB Essentials.