This lesson explains how information syncs between ServiceM8 and QuickBooks Online.
- Invoices are sent to QuickBooks Online when approved on the invoicing page.
- Invoice printed or emailed in QuickBooks Online will be marked as sent in ServiceM8,
- Invoices printed, emailed or posted in ServiceM8 will be marked as Sent in QuickBooks Online.
- Invoices created in QuickBooks Online are not sent to ServiceM8.
Note: Invoices with a value of zero will not be sent to QuickBooks Online when approved.
Tip: if an Invoice is not being exported as you expect, mouse over the red "X" icon in the Invoicing page for more information about why the invoice cannot be exported.
- Payments received against an invoice in ServiceM8 will be sent to QuickBooks Online.
- Payments received in QuickBooks Online will be imported into ServiceM8.
- Payments deleted in QuickBooks Online will be deleted in ServiceM8.
- Payments cannot be deleted in ServiceM8 after they have been sent to QuickBooks Online.
Clients and Materials
Clients and materials entered into QuickBooks Online:
Clients and materials from QuickBooks Online will be synced to ServiceM8 after integration is completed. Changes made in either program will update the other within 20 minutes.
Clients and materials entered into ServiceM8:
Clients and materials entered or imported into ServiceM8 will only be sent to QuickBooks Online with an invoice. Once the client and/or material is sent to QuickBooks Online with an invoice they will remain synced, with changes made in either program updating the other.
Clients and materials marked as inactive in QuickBooks Online will be removed from ServiceM8.
Clients and materials removed from ServiceM8 that have been synced with QuickBooks Online will be marked as inactive in QuickBooks.
Note: A client in ServiceM8 not yet synced with QuickBooks Online will be overwritten if the same client is entered manually into QuickBooks.
Are all clients in QuickBooks imported?
No, inactive customers and sub-customers marked as "Bill with parent" will not be imported.
On integration, all tax codes in QuickBooks Online will be imported into ServiceM8. Changes made to tax settings in QuickBooks Online will sync to ServiceM8. Changes to tax settings cannot be made within ServiceM8 while integrated with QuickBooks Online.
ServiceM8 does not sync staff with QuickBooks Online.
If you wish to try this Quickbooks online accounting package and integrate with us then check out this link.