If you can complete this checklist you're ready to go live.
1. Is your account set up correctly?
- Have you set up each staff member with a login and password?
- Have you uploaded your logo and selected a template for quotes and invoices?
- Does your invoice template have the correct payment terms and banking details?
2. Have you created jobs on the dispatch board and on mobile devices?
3. Have you scheduled jobs via dispatch board and mobile devices?
4. Have you allocated jobs to staff? (if you activate the job allocations feature)
5. Do you understand how job statuses progress?
7. Do you Understand how the Unscheduled list helps you stay in control? (not a requirement but enhances efficiency)
8. Do you know how to instant message staff and customers?
9. Do you know how to create/generate invoices?
11. Do you understand how job check-in and check-out information is used?
12. Do you understand how to manage jobs on hold by using the queue feature?
13. Have you set security roles consistent with how your business and staff structure works?
- Do you want staff to be able see pricing?
- Do you want staff to be able to see everyones jobs?
- Do you want staff to be able to create jobs?
- Do you want staff to be able to delete clients?
14. Do you understand the invoicing page?
- Do you understand how to use ServiceM8 to track payment of invoices?
- Do you understand how to use ServiceM8 with non-synced accounting software?
- Do you understand how invoices are transferred to the accounting package?
16. Does each staff member have an iPhone, iPad or iPad mini?
17. Have all staff members installed the ServiceM8 app on their mobile device?
18. Can all staff members log in?
19. Do staff members:
- Understand how to create a job?
- Understand how to check-in and check-out of jobs?
- Understand how to navigate to a job?
- Understand how job statuses work?
- Understand how to add materials on their mobile device?
- Understand how Quick Picks, Smart List and Smart Labour work?
- Know how to use the diary to see a jobs history?
- Know how to complete a job and invoice the client or issue a service docket?
Once you feel you understand each item on the checklist, pick a start date (a Monday is always good) and use ServiceM8 for all jobs from then on.
Use your existing system to deal with jobs before your start date, only enter old jobs into ServiceM8 if there is a real need.
If you have entered dummy data and would like to clear it before you go live, you can use this account cleanup wizard: https://go.servicem8.com/help_me/StartAccountCleanup but you must be the account owner to do this or send an email to email@example.com or drop a message through our chat support if there's an issue with your account clean up wizard addon.
This wizard is designed to make the switch from trialing ServiceM8 to using it in your business as easy as possible, and will assist you to:
• Remove all jobs
• Remove all customers
• Remove all materials
• Reset your next job number
You will have the choice to select which elements of your account are reset ready to start booking jobs.
Remember, ServiceM8 is going to be much better than your current system and everyone will quickly adapt to all of its benefits.
Also remember that ServiceM8 is very forgiving, so don't worry too much about whether your entries are perfect the first time.
You can always go back later and adjust the job during its journey from the field to the bank. Use what you know about the system to get real benefits today and as your learning increases so too will the benefits ServiceM8 provides.