This lesson explains how information syncs between ServiceM8 and the MYOB API
- Invoices are sent to MYOB when approved on the invoicing page.
- Invoices printed or emailed in MYOB will be marked as sent in ServiceM8.
- Invoices printed, emailed or posted in ServiceM8 will be marked as 'Already Printed or Sent' in MYOB.
- Invoices created in MYOB are not sent to ServiceM8.
Note: Invoices with a value of zero will not be sent to MYOB when approved.
- Payments received against an invoice in ServiceM8 will be sent to MYOB providing the payment was received prior to approving the invoice. Payments cannot be added to the job if it has already been approved to MYOB.
- Once full payment has been received in MYOB the invoice will be marked as paid in ServiceM8.
- Partial payments made in MYOB will not be synced to ServiceM8.
- Removing a payment in MYOB will not remove the payment in ServiceM8.
Clients and Materials
Clients and materials entered into MYOB:
Clients and materials entered or imported into MYOB will be synced to ServiceM8 immediately, with changes made in either program updating the other.
Clients and materials entered into ServiceM8:
Clients and materials entered or imported into ServiceM8 will only be sent to MYOB with an invoice. Once the client and/or material is sent to MYOB with an invoice they will remain synced, with changes made in either program updating the other.
Clients and materials marked as inactive in MYOB will be removed from ServiceM8.
Clients and materials removed from ServiceM8 that have been synced with MYOB will be marked as inactive in MYOB.
Note: A client in ServiceM8 not yet synced with MYOB will be overwritten if the same client is entered manually into MYOB.
Are all customers in MYOB imported?
No, suppliers and inactive customers will not be imported.
On integration all taxes in MYOB will be imported into ServiceM8. All changes made to tax settings in MYOB will sync to ServiceM8, any changes to taxes made in ServiceM8 will not sync back to MYOB.
ServiceM8 does not sync staff.