This lesson will show you how to use the checkout wizard to receive payment and invoice the client in the app. Jobs can be completed and invoiced, and payment recorded, both within the app and the Online Dashboard. Whether or not field staff will be issuing invoices and accepting payment on site depends on the nature and preferences of the business.
Select the job you would like to receive payment for
The job status has to be "Work Order" to use the quick checkout process shown in this article. For Quote and Completed jobs, you can manually produce the invoice, receive payment and issue the invoice by tapping 'Billing' in the job card.
Inside the job card, tap 'Check Out'
Tap 'Job Completed' and then tap 'Add Payment'
This Checkout page is a quick way to mark the job status as Completed, record that you have received payment, produce an invoice and then issue it to the client. You will only be brought to the Checkout page when checking out of a job with the status of "Work Order", not "Quote" or "Completed".
Select Payment Method and then hit Receive Payment.
This payment method will record which way you received the payment in the diary. You can also accept credit card payments via Stripe, click here to learn more.
Once Payment is recorded, tap 'Produce Invoice/Receipt' to issue an invoice then tap 'Finish'
Note: ensure that the Produce Invoice/Receipt button is enabled.
The invoice has been produced and is ready to be sent via email, print, or SMS
Tap Sign Document, then ask the client to sign
Select your issue method (in this example, Email Invoice)
Options for issuing invoices work as follows:
- None (Cancel) - will save the payment details and change the job status, but wont send an invoice.
- E-mail - will bring up the E-mail function and allow you to select a template or write a personal E-mail.
- Print - will bring up the Print function and allow you to select any AirPrint printers within range.
- SMS (text) - will bring up the SMS function and allow you to send an invoice via text message.
- Post - will bring up the Post function which allows you to confirm the address and postage cost before posting. Note that this service is only available in Australia.