This article will show you how to create a job as a Quote on the dispatch board for a completely new customer.
Start on the Dispatch Board
Click "New Job"
This is the Job Card
The job card is where all job information for a given job will be stored throughout the life of the job.
Job Card fields
- Customer - This field is used to to search for existing clients and as the company title field.
- Purchase Order - This field stores purchase order number information.
- Job Status - Job status is basically the stage that the job is at either: Quote, Work Order, Completed or Unsuccessful.
- Job Category - This field allows you to organize your jobs in anyway you like.
- Job Address - This is where you put your customers address, ServiceM8 will attempt to auto correct this field.
- Description - This field is used to describe the job to be completed. Tip - put a dash before a requirement to create a checklist on the phone. Eg. "- Clean the gutters"
- Contacts - This is where you fill in the customers name and contact details.